2/6/10

What's Wrong With Being a Fan?

I’m a NASCAR fan plain and simple and I make no qualms about it. I write for a few different websites and blogs, but I don’t claim to be a professional in any way, shape or form. For some reason that doesn’t bother me. What does bother me is when people ask me (sometimes relentlessly) why I don’t focus on writing for some more professional websites and maybe even become a sports writer. Here’s my answer: I don’t want to be a professional.

If you watched our videos from last years Charlotte races or saw some of our pictures, then you know that I’m by no means a professional. I’m still the dorky girls who gets excited about every facet of racing. Would I love to sit down and have a one on one conversation with David Ragan? You bet, but I somehow think my experience at the track would be different.

When you’re a professional racer, you have a very different perspective of racing. Katy is definitely the more professional one and if you’ve seen her newest endeavor Skirts and Scuffs, you’ll see what I mean. Katy was the one walking around the race shops last year, pointing out the ample parking and cars on display; I was the one jumping up and down because we saw AJ Allmendinger and Clint Bowyer called me “babe”.

Being just a fan isn’t such a bad thing. It means I don’t have to worry about making a fool of myself at the race track, of drinking too much, of offending fans sitting next to me when I don’t like their driver and it means that I get to be with the millions of other people who are “just fans”. I appreciate all 2 people who read this blog and I hope that you keep reading, even though I’m just a fan.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment