Thank you Mikey for giving me something to laugh at. I swear I've watched this video at least a dozen times now. Procrastination at it's finest.
This weekend's races were exactly what we expect to see from Talladega and what we'd like to see at other tracks on the circuit. The racing was great with people who don't normally lead getting a chance. Large packs of cars driving right on top of each other rather than one driver pulling away from the pack. It was NASCAR racing at it's best.
I'm still in shock after watching the final laps of the Sprint Cup Race.
This weekends big losers:
- Jeff Gordon loses points lead after being involved in the wreck on lap 7. Kurt Busch now leads the points by 6 points.
- Matt Kenseth who proved that even veteran drivers racing in the Nationwide Series have bad days
- Carl Edwards who made spent most of the Sprint Cup race in the back of the field, drove to the front in the closing laps and ended up having a spectacular crash just before the Start/Finish line
- David Ragan who drove his Discount Tires #6 to victory for his first ever win in the Nationwide Series. I was doing a happy dance around the living room at the end of the race. Great to see David finally get a win. Jenn and I both love him!
- Brad Keselowski - Who would have thought Brad could pull off a win in the Sprint Cup Series? Not me. I guess that goes to show how much I know. Not who I would have liked to see the race but Brad get's props for coming from back in the field to win.
- Carl Edwards - Yes, Carl is both a winner and a loser this weekend. He goes into the winner category because even after his hard wreck he got out of the car and ran across the start/finish line.
Congrats to David Ragan and Brad Keselowski for their wins this weekend.
Now I have to go make some money so I can afford to go to Charlotte in 3 weeks!
A few weeks back I mentioned how several drivers on the NASCAR circuit had been on CMT Cribs over the last few seasons. Already this season we have seen how Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, Kevin Harvick, and Mark Martin live. Imagine my surprise when I was flipping through the channels Saturday night and found a new episode of CMT Cribs.
The newest episode which can be seen online at CMT.com, features the homes of 2004 Nextel Cup Champion Kurt Busch, Martin Truex Jr., and the most popular driver in NASCAR Dale Earnhardt Jr. Compared with some episodes this one was lacking. Kurt Busch showed us some of his house as well as his collection of cars (which are housed at Kurt Busch Inc – talking about that next week here on the blog), and his wine cellar. Martin Truex Jr. gave viewers a glimpse into this guest house which is still bigger than my house. He noted that his main house was in the middle of a renovation. The Dale Jr. segment of the show was a replay of a segment which aired on a previous season of Cribs.
What driver’s house would you like to see on CMT Cribs? Me I think it would be cool to see Johnson and Gordon’s house or maybe let us into the houses of owners.