8/28/09

Bristol Music Notes

There have been tons of posts this week about the different songs chosen by drivers for their intros at Bristol. Some were creative while others lacked imagination. There were even some that had me scratching my head wondering what the heck was going on, but to each his own I suppose. Personally I think this is something all tracks should do. I know at Lowe's Motor Speedway they play a special song for each driver while they qualify, but those songs are picked by the speedway, or at least I assume they are. Some of those songs are just too obvious. Carl Edwards qualifying to the Flipper theme song. Yikes.

Since only a few of the intros were featured on the radio and TV broadcast I had to wait until someone posted a list of the songs before I could comment on them.

The Best Choices:

  • Kyle Busch - Amazing - Okay, so I am not a Kanye West fan...not even in the slightest. It's not surprise that I actually had to look up the words to the song, but it was the perfect choice for him.
  • Kevin Harvick - Party Up - DMX might not be your choice but again this song fits Harvick for some reason though we do miss those days when he "lost his head" more often.
  • Matt Kenseth - The Enemy - I would and often have jammed to Godsmack but they aren't a group I can picture Matt Kenseth listening to. It doesn't fit the image of him I have in my mind. Still excellent song choice.
The Worst

  • Dale Jr, Jimmie Johnson, and David Ragan - Thunderstruck - Okay I get this song for Dale Jr and maybe even Ragan but Jimmie? Plus there needs to be a rule about not using a song more than once for something like this. Granted other drivers doubled up on songs but this one was just waayyyy overdone.
  • Joey Logano - East Bound and Down - I don't even have the words...what an odd choice.
  • Clint Bowyer - CC Rider - I don't even know what this song is but I don't like it because it's Elvis...enough said.
  • Reed Sorenson - Billy Jean - Yes, please let's encourage the Michael Jackson is the greatest man in the world attitude. Sorry, great song but that's got to be the only reason this song was chosen.
What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment