A few months back it was announced that Lowe's would be parting ways with the track as the sponsor and name holder. As of yet the new name has yet to be chose though the track may revert to Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Since I won't be heading to the track this weekend for the race I thought I'd take a minute to share a few tips for those making their first trip to the track.
Park as close to where you will be sitting as possible. Trust me you aren't going to want to walk from your car parked behind the Z-Max Dragway to your seats all the way over in turn 4 after the race. My advice is to check out the parking and driving direction map and figure out where you seats are. The map also lets you know where you should park if you are seated in a particular area. Don't assume you can take the most direct route to the track from your hotel. You are going to get rerouted regardless so be prepared.
Visit the souvenir haulers on your way out of the track rather than on your way in. There's not a lot of room in the stands to store your purchases and it's a pain to try and keep an eye on your stuff and still watch the race. The souvenir haulers set up at the junction of Bruton Smith Blvd and US-29 just behind the main entrance to the track.
Leave these items at home...you can't take them in.
- Coolers and bags over 14 inches in any direction
- Stadium chairs with arms and folding chairs
- Glass containers
- Pets (except service animals assisting disabled guests)
- Skateboards, roller skates and scooters
- Bicycles or mopeds
- Beach balls, balloons, signs and banners
- Horns, whistles or other loud Items
- Weapons of any kind
- Items restricted by federal law or which, in the judgment of Speedway officials, may create a safety risk or reduce the enjoyment of the event by other guests
- Unattended items may be removed at the discretion of Speedway officials
Have fun and take lots of pictures!