The first time Jenn mentioned Childress Vineyards I'm pretty sure I laughed or made some sarcastic comment. I seriously thought she was joking that such a place existed. I now know she wasn't. While it might not be your cup of tea the Childress Vineyards are a cool place to visit if you are in the area.
- Childress Vineyards are located in Lexington, NC. It's about an hour drive from downtown Charlotte to the Vineyards. Here's the map and directions in case you need them.
- Childress Vineyards offers wine tasting and you can even tour the grounds if that's your thing.
- There is an eatery on the grounds though I can't testify to the quality of the food. If your interested you can check out he menu on their site.
- There are tons of different wines to try or purchase at the gift shop including the signature Childress wines. Sorry, I'm clueless about wine.
- The building is fancy and depending on how you are dressed you might feel a bit out out place at first. Don't worry you will get over that quickly once you get into the gift/wine shop. There will be lots of race fans there in jeans and tshirts just like you.
- There's plenty of parking at it's right in front so you won't have to worry about walking a mile.
- The gift shop has a lot of cool things to check out. Most of them are related to wine but not all. You can purchase everything from salsa (Jenn's favorite purchase) to pasta sauces along with just about every type of wine imaginable. They also have stemware and china.
Have you been? Tell us your thoughts!