For this reason it's only natural we take a day during our week in Charlotte to visit KHI and a few other places that are off the beaten path.
- Kevin Harvick Incorporated is located in Kernersville. It's near High Point and is about 90 minutes from Charlotte. It's a good idea to have a map if you are heading to KHI. The first time we went we got lost and had to call home for directions. Directions can be found below.
- You won't find the teams working on Harvick's Shell/Pennzoil Chevrolet at KHI. KHI is home to Harvick's Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series Teams.
- If you are planning on stopping in at KHI on your way home after the Coke 600 don't bother. Due to the holiday the shop is closed to the public on that Monday.
- KHI is small compared to many shops but that's not a bad thing. You can get closer to the action.
- The hallway leading to the observation area is lined with tons of memorabilia. There are trophies, fire suits, and pictures. You should also check out the restroom as there are several magazine covers on the wall.
- At the end of the hallway you will find a small gift shop. The lady working at the gift shop was super friendly and took the time to talk with us. Everything you find in the eShop on Harvick's site can be purchased in the gift shop. Another great thing about the gift shop is that members of the fan club receive an additional 10% off all items and many are autographed. All autographed items come with a certificate of authenticity signed by Harvick's wife Delana.
- If you want to see the teams working on the cars and trucks owned by Harvick just walk up the flight of stairs next to the gift shop. The platform is open and makes picture taking easy. Just remember that you are likely to inhale some paint fumes.
Visited KHI? What did you think? Share you story with us. Did I forget something? Let me know and I will add it.
You can read Jenn's full review here.