9/15/09

Is Your Driver In the Chase?

While watching this past weekend's race at Richmond I was sitting on the edge of the couch. I didn't care about who was leading the race. (Congrats Denny!) My only concern was whether or not my boys were going to make it in.

If this is your first time here than you might think Jenn and I are huge Biffle fans. While the Biff does hold a special place in our hearts he's not our ultimate driver.

Jenn would probably say her favorite driver is Harvick followed closely by Kurt and Kyle Busch and I of course am also a Kurt and Kyle girl. Sure we like other drivers but these are our favorite...unless Jenn has changed her mind.

Anyway, like I was saying. I spent the evening on the edge of my seat just hoping the drivers I cheer for every week would be in contention for Chase. I wasn't really concerned about Kurt. His spot in the Chase was pretty much secure but Kyle on the other hand had me a nervous wreck.

We all know how it ended. A resigned Kyle Busch standing on pit road wishing luck to his teammate who made it into the Chase, a visibly excited Brian Vickers who just barely made it in, and a sad Matt Kenseth who missed his first ever Chase. Kurt did make it in though so it wasn't a complete loss for me.

Honestly, I don't know how I feel about the Chase. Part of me thinks its a nice idea. Every other sport in the world has a playoff system so why not NASCAR? Then another part of me hates it for the sheer fact that drivers who haven't won are in while a driver that won 4 times isn't. No, I don't know how to fix the problems. I wouldn't even know where to start.

Okay, so I've got one driver in an one driver out. That's not bad. Right?

But what if the only driver you ever cheer for is outside the top 12? What do you do then? I'll tell you what you do.... you go read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment